|Other names||Edward House|
|See map||Map C|
|OS grid ref||NO 2576 0708|
|Latitude & longitude|
|Canmore visit date||26 March 2008|
Lomondvale was a house and subsequently a care home, on the A912 (the extension of Pleasance) on the outskirts of Falkland. It was demolished around 2008 and replaced with a care home called Lomondview.
Falkland, Lomond Vale
Country House (19th century)
Lomond Vale (now known as Edward House) is situated on the SE edge of the village of Falkland. It is a two storey, 3 bay, stone-built villa set in mature gardens with a small terraced lawn to the front. It was built in 1882 by the Jackson family who owned the local linen factory, and their initials can be seen carved on the pediment above the main entrance door. The date of 1882 can also be observed on the substantial stone corbels of the door surround. At the time of writing Edward House was being used as a private nursing home. The future of the building was uncertain as the owner of the home planned to demolish the house and build a new 60 bed nursing home on the site.