Falkland Road Station

From Falkland Historic Buildings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Building summary
[photo awaited]
Name Falkland Road Station
Address
Date 1847
Architect David Bell
See map Map B
OS grid ref NO 28719 05726
Latitude & longitude
Canmore ID 29824
Canmore date 1976

Falkland Road Station was a railway station next to Forthar Mill Farm. It was in the Parish of Kettle, very close to the boundary of the Parish of Falkland. Before the first world war there were plans for a Falkland Light Railway to link the station to Falkland village.

The station was located near Forthar Mill Farm.

HES listing details[1]
Address/Site Name

Falkland Road Station

Classifcation

Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Archaeology Notes

Falkland Road Station, opened 1847 by the Edinburgh & Northern Railway, architect probably DAVID BELL. Formerly a 2-platform through station where the down-platform building survives, a 1-storey, 11-bay ashlar structure.

Architecture Notes

Station was closed 15.9.1958.

Notes