Freuchie

From Falkland Historic Buildings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Freuchie and the East Lomond Hill

Freuchie is a village about two and a half miles to the east of Falkland but within the historic Parish of Falkland.

Further references

"Established as a villge by the C18, it acuired late C19 prosperity when a linen factory was built, c.1870."[1]


"An 18th-century village of hand-loom weavers, transformed when Linen Mill was built c.1870. For those at Royal Court at Falkland, Feuchie was like Coventry: 'Awa to Freuchie where the Froggies live'."[2]

Notes

  1. Gifford, Fife, page 229.
  2. Pride, Kingdom of Fife, page 89–90.