Millfield

From Falkland Historic Buildings
(Redirected from Millfield House)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Building summary
Millfield.JPG The house and gate piers
Name Millfield House
Address Falkland
Postcode KY15 7BN
Date c. 1800
See map Map D (61)
OS grid ref NO 25012 07202
Latitude & longitude 56°15′05″N 3°12′43″W
what3words ///lengthen.steer.fallen
HES listing details[1]
Category B
Reference / Date LB8769 / 01/02/1972
Address/Site Name Millfield House, Falkland
Description

Circa 1800, altered and bay windows added at wings 1886. Central block 2-storey and basement 3-window, centre bay advanced and pedimented, Roman doric column doorpiece; later (1886) chamfers to windows; single-storey wings. Piended slated roofs.

Statement of special interest

Groups with Falkland Burgh items.

Millfield is a house standing in extensive grounds at the bottom of the Leslie Road near the junction with Back Dykes. It was inside the Royal Burgh at one point but not another.

Former residents

Lord Deas

Christopher Seton

Thomas Lumsden

Charles Gulland (Town Clerk of Falkland, died 1909) and his family; Mrs Howell.

Further references

"Round the corner [from High Street], off Lomond Road, a late Georgian villa (Millfield) with a pedimented centre; bay windows were added to its wings in 1886".[2]

Notes

Further images