Old Drill Hall
|Name||1 and 2, The Old Drill Hall|
|Address||South Street, Falkland|
|Other names||Drill Hall|
|See map||Map D (44)|
|OS grid ref||NO 2545 0726|
|Latitude & longitude|
The Old Drill Hall is a former chapel, then drill hall, in South Street, Falkland, now converted into two private houses.
|Canmore listing details|
Falkland, South Street, Drill Hall
Chapel (19th Century), Drill Hall (19th Century)-(20th Century), Drill Hall (First World War), House (20th Century)(Possible)
|World War One Audit of Surviving Remains
A drill hall is marked on the 2nd and 3rd epoch OS 1:2500 maps of the town, the latter surveyed in 1912-13. The building was previous annotated as an 'Independent Chapel' on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map. The hall is not included in Osborne's (2006) drill hall survey and it is not known which unit used it. Now converted into two semi-detached houses. Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 23 October 2013.
Chapel, drill hall.
"... the old Burgher Chapel, a rubble box with round-arched windows, dated 1830." "Drill Hall. Originally a Burgher chapel (a Presbyterian denomination originating in the 18th century). Now two private houses. Treasurer; Andrew Lister."
- ↑ https://canmore.org.uk/site/215123/falkland-south-street-drill-hall Canmore record 215123]
- ↑ Gifford, Fife, page 221.
- ↑ Playfair and Burgess, page 451. The book contains many references to the Drill Hall being used for dances, public meetings, and a lecture series.