|Other names||The Fruit Basket|
|OS grid ref||NO 25337 07275|
|Latitude & longitude||56°15'7"N 3°12'23"W|
|Reference: LB31326||Date: 12/01/1971||Category: B|
Southbank and Chemist's Shop (Leven) Together with Outbuilding to South Street, Horsemarket
Circa 1800. 2-storey 3-window painted ashlar, slim artisan doric column doorpiece, small shop insertion on south; slated; single storey and loft rubble and pantile outbuilding.
|Statement of special interest
Fruit shop, chemist.
Spiral staircase (turret)
Mr & Mrs Leven.
"On Horsemarket, at South Street Corner, the Fruit Basket, c.1800, has slim Doric at entrance and round stair tower at back."
"The view E[ast, from Horsemarket] is closed by Southbank, late Georgian with a Roman Doric columned doorpiece."
"The Fruit Basket opened first in 1982 next to the Lomond. It moved to Southbank in 1985 and closed in 1993."