|Address||West Port (formerly High Street West)|
|Other names||Thatched Cottage|
|52 High Street West|
|OS Grid Reference||NO 25144 07364|
|Latitude & longitude||56°15'10"N 3°12'34"W|
Steps House is a private house in West Port, Falkland.
It was restored in 1971 onwards by the National Trust for Scotland under the Little Houses Improvement Scheme.
|HES listing details|
|Reference: LB31264||Date: 01/12/1971||Category: B|
House (National Trust, Empty in 1971), High Street West
Dated IEMG 1751 at lintel 2-storey rubble-built with margins, forestairs; Roman tiled in 1971. Built on natural rock foundation.
|Statement of special interest
Restoration work about to be put in hand.
|Little Houses Scheme details|
|Restorer: Restoring Purchaser||Architect: NTS (in-house staff)||Date Restored: 1971 onwards|
|Name and address
Thatched Cottage (also Peggie's House)
Category B; 18thC.
Weaving ? Workshop 1970s.
"Walter Peggie (Jean’s grandfather) [a slater and plasterer] set up his workshop underneath the house on West Port now called Steps House, (the washhouse was there too, next to the workshop)."
Little Houses Scheme badge