Cross Wynd

From Falkland Historic Buildings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cross Wynd in 1960 (Canmore image SC01589251)

Cross Wynd runs from north to south, at right angles to the High Street, It starts at High Street, continues to a cross-roads separating Brunton Street and Horsemarket and ends at Back Dykes.

Much of the west side of Cross Wynd was demolished to form Brunton Green.

"In Cross Wynd ... harled C17 and C18 houses, one [The Corrie] with a round-headed blind window in the chimney gablet, another [The Corrie (southern extension)] dated 1686 and a third [Cobblestones] dated 1764."[1]

Buildings

From north to south, the houses on the east side are:

(Horsemarket is here)

Notes

  1. Gifford, Fife, page 220.

Further images