Post Office (Cross Wynd)

From Falkland Historic Buildings
Jump to navigation Jump to search

PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The former Post Office was in a shop on the west side of Cross Wynd, since demolished. See also Falkland Post Office.

"When Rubinia Reidie was sub-postmistriss in Falkland in 1866 the postman walked twice a day from Falkland to Ladybank and back. The office then was in a shop at the foot of Cross Wynd, and it was rumoured that Rubina slept under the counter. There is a photograph showing the shop to be a tobacconist's while still the post ofice. Later, when it had become a fish and chip shop, it was burned down and the site was eventuarlly absorbed into the Cross Wynd car park."[1]

See map: Map D (57)

Notes