|Name||The Hearse House|
|Other names||Hearse Hoose|
|OS grid ref|
|Latitude & longitude|
The Hearse House was a two-story thatched house in Balmblae, on the north side of Balmblae Road, now demolished.
1920s John Brown (Secretary Falkland Hearse company).
1930s The north part of the Hearse Hoose was occupied by the Paton family: "whenever there was a funeral the big byre door slid open and we were plunged into darkness".
1940 William Petrie, Balmblae (He owned a property nearby).
1941 Robert Stewart (he bought the house in 1941, but never lived there, and used it for his car. In 1953 he bought Burnside Cottage).
Hearse House and separate byre was owned by Euphemia Walker (or Jackson) Lomondvale, Falkland. At her death in 1921 it was sold to the trustees of Falkland Hearse Company. The Falkland Hearse company consisted of: Pete Robertson (Butcher) Falkland, Charles Jackson (manufacturer) Falkland, John Brown (Residenter) Falkland, Alexander Fraser (joiner) Falkland, Robert Miller (joiner) Falkland, John Duncan (Farmer) Falkland, Robert Grieve (joiner) Freuchie.
- Information from former neighbour.