Historically Balmblae (sometimes spelt Balinblae) was a separate barony (feudal estate). In 1858 Margaret Tyndall Bruce purchased Balmblae, which thus became part of the Falkland Estate, although it was never part of the Royal Burgh.
See map: Map D (6).
Houses in Balmblae are:
- Burnside Cottage
- Rose Cottage
- Balmblae Cottage
- Castle Shotts (actually in Castle Shotts Road)
A number of other houses, formerly in Balmblae, have been demolished.