|OS grid ref|
|Latitude & longitude|
Nuthill House is a former house on the Falkland estate, near the House of Falkland Stables (originally the Nuthill House stables). It was demolished in 1839 to be replaced by the House of Falkland on a more elevated location.
The first direct evidence for a residence at Nuthill, in 1654, indicates it to have been a simple, tower-house (Blaeu, 1654). By the 1670s Stormont's lands had been sold and, in 1726, the Nuthill portion was acquired by Alexander Thomson, a shipmaster of Dysart. The lands of Falkland Palace remained in separate ownership. During the residency of the Thomsons, the Nuthill lands were laid out with a 'New Park' to the south of Nuthill House, enclosed and surrounded by an established field system (Winter 1757).
Nuthill House, which stood in the field opposite Falkland House Stables near the east entrance to Falkland House policies, was demolished in 1839 prior to the building of its successor, Falkland House (A Falkland Guide, 16). It lay on the old road from Falkland to Kinross (via Kilgour), as well as to Arngask (and Perth), marked on Falkland Plan/1757.