St Andrew's House
|Name||St Andrew's House|
|Address||High Street, Falkland|
|Other names||St Andrew House|
|See map||Map T (6); Map D (25)|
|OS grid ref||NO 25295 07431|
|Latitude & longitude||56°15'12"N 3°12'26"W|
St Andrew's House is a house in Falkland High Street.
Now private flats.
|HES listing details|
|Reference: LB31257||Date: 01/12/1971||Category: B|
St Andrew House High Street (Including Garden Walls)
18th century, 2 sections, low 2-storey stepped in slope, harled and pantiled. Crowstepped gable, one with pigeon loft entries 18th century 2-storey to front, 3 (higher wallhead) at back, whitewashed hall with painted margins, pantiled; moulded doorpiece, 3 windows with swift dormer heads at 1st floor.
|Statement of special interest
Category A section of larger group. Cobbled Area in front.
In 1904 the Burgh Council complained that some of the blocks of the "causeway" in front of the house had been lifted up and replaced with a flower bed, as George Quilter, crippled son of Mrs Getrude Quilter, matron of the home, loved to look at flowers.