Statue of Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Name||Statue of Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce|
|Address||High Street, Falkland|
|Sculptor||Sir John Steell|
|OS grid ref|
|Latitude & longitude|
The The statue of Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce now stands in the grounds of the Parish Church but prviously stood within the walls of Falkland Palace and its HES reference therefore groups it with the walls. Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce was Laird of Falkland from 1828 to 1855.
|HES listing details|
|Reference: LB10796||Date: 01/02/1972||Category: B|
Falkland Palace, Walls enclosing Palace garden and stables including gates and Tyndall Bruce statue
[...] Statue of Onesiphorns Tyndall Bruce within railed area Sir John Steell, 1865, pedestrian bronze, square plinth with nookshafts.
"E of the church, statue of Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce, a life-size bronze by John Steell, the plinth by David Bryce, 1864."
- ↑ HES record for LB10796
- ↑ Gifford, Fife, page 218.