Falkland Parish Church

From Falkland Historic Buildings
(Redirected from Parish Church)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Building summary
Falkland Church.JPG Church and Fountain
Name Falkland Parish Church
Address High Street, Falkland
Postcode KY15 7BU
Other names The Established Church (1900s)
Date 1848–50
Architect David Bryce
See map Map T (22)
Map D (18)
OS Grid Ref NO 25242 07414
Latitude & longitude 56°15'12"N 3°12'29"W

Falkland Parish Church is a Church of Scotland place of worship, and one of the most prominent buildings in Falkland, situated on the north side of the High Street. The Bruce Fountain is opposite the church.

Paid for by Mr & Mrs Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce, replacing an earlier church on the site.

HES listing details[1]
Reference: LB31254 Date: 01/12/1971 Category: B
Address/Site Name

Falkland Parish Church High Street


David Bryce 1849. Early pointed, 4-bay rectangle with 5 bell tower, lucarned and pinnacled broach spire: stugged ashlar, slated.

Statement of special interest

Ecclesiastical building in use as such.

Special features

Organ by William Hill & Son and Norman & Beard, 1930.[2]

Former ministers

  • 1898–1912: Rev. A. Lyon Johnston
  • 1912 onwards:Rev. J. K. Russell

Further references

[...] Very competent, but the grey stone's texture makes it unlovable. Standard mid-C19 Presbyterian rectangle, the bulk disguised by gableted buttresses. Against the S gable, steeple with a lucarned spire, its profile a distinctive feature of the town seen from a distance. Impressive interior. [...][2]


Further images