Royal Burgh of Falkland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Royal Burgh of Falkland received its royal charter in 1458. It was considerably smaller in extent than the Parish of Falkland, and comprised most of the historic core of Falkland, but its northern boundary was the Balmblae Burn, so Balmblae was not included in the Burgh. Falkland Palace and (at times) Millfield were also outwith the Burgh. All Royal Burghs were abolished in 1975, but the name of the Royal Burgh has been preserved in the Royal Burgh of Falkland and Newton of Falkland Community Council.