Bank House

From Falkland Historic Buildings
(Redirected from Bank of Scotland)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Building summary
Bank House.JPG
Name Bank of Scotland and Bank House
Address High Street / Back Wynd, Falkland
Postcode KY15 7BZ / KY15 7BX
Other names
Date 1845 onwards
Architect Harold O. Tarbolton
OS grid ref NO 25314 07406
Latitude & longitude 56°15′12″N 3°12′25″W

PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Bank House is a house in Falkland High Street. Part of the ground floor is a branch of the Bank of Scotland. There is an extension along Back Wynd, formerly the office of the Town Clerk of the Royal Burgh of Falkland, now called The Weaving House.

HES listing details[1]
Reference: LB31276 Date: 01/12/1971 Category: B
Address/Site Name

Bank of Scotland (formerly British Linen) and Town Clerk's office High Street and Back Wynd.(including garden walls)

Description

Originally c 1845, west extension circa 1880, large south addition to Back Wynd Harold O Tarbolton, dated 1900 CG. Original part 2-storey 3-window, moulded arched doorpiece, 3 gabled dormer heads; timber-mullioned openings. West extension has canted front with gabled dormer heads; rear extension single storey and attic. Ashlar and slate, finely detailed throughout.

Statement of special interest

Cobbled pavement to Back Wynd.

Notes