|Name||Bank of Scotland and Bank House|
|Address||High Street / Back Wynd, Falkland|
|Postcode||KY15 7BZ / KY15 7BX|
|Other names||British Linen Bank|
|Architect||Harold O. Tarbolton|
|See map||Map T (9); Map D (26)|
|OS grid ref||NO 25314 07406|
|Latitude & longitude||56°15′12″N 3°12′25″W|
Bank House is a house in Falkland High Street. Part of the ground floor is a branch of the Bank of Scotland. There is an extension along Back Wynd, formerly the office of the Town Clerk of the Royal Burgh of Falkland, now called The Weaving House.
|HES listing details|
|Reference: LB31276||Date: 01/12/1971||Category: B|
Bank of Scotland (formerly British Linen) and Town Clerk's office High Street and Back Wynd.(including garden walls)
Originally c 1845, west extension circa 1880, large south addition to Back Wynd Harold O Tarbolton, dated 1900 CG. Original part 2-storey 3-window, moulded arched doorpiece, 3 gabled dormer heads; timber-mullioned openings. West extension has canted front with gabled dormer heads; rear extension single storey and attic. Ashlar and slate, finely detailed throughout.
|Statement of special interest
Cobbled pavement to Back Wynd.