Falkland Parish Church
|Church and Fountain|
|Name||Falkland Parish Church|
|Address||High Street, Falkland|
|Other names||The Established Church (1900s)|
|See map||Map T (22)|
|Map D (18)|
|OS Grid Ref||NO 25242 07414|
|Latitude & longitude||56°15'12"N 3°12'29"W|
Falkland Parish Church is a Church of Scotland place of worship, and one of the most prominent buildings in Falkland, situated on the north side of the High Street. The Bruce Fountain is opposite the church.
Paid for by Mr & Mrs Onesiphorus Tyndall Bruce, replacing an earlier church on the site.
|HES listing details|
|Reference: LB31254||Date: 01/12/1971||Category: B|
Falkland Parish Church High Street
David Bryce 1849. Early pointed, 4-bay rectangle with 5 bell tower, lucarned and pinnacled broach spire: stugged ashlar, slated.
|Statement of special interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Organ by William Hill & Son and Norman & Beard, 1930.
- 1898–1912: Rev. A. Lyon Johnston
- 1912 onwards:Rev. J. K. Russell
[...] Very competent, but the grey stone's texture makes it unlovable. Standard mid-C19 Presbyterian rectangle, the bulk disguised by gableted buttresses. Against the S gable, steeple with a lucarned spire, its profile a distinctive feature of the town seen from a distance. Impressive interior. [...]